Monday 7 April 2008

So grateful...

Just a small yet nice thing happened today but I just felt my heart burst into praise... I've always wanted to write a song to testify but never got round to it. Here's my humble attempt...

So grateful to You Lord
For the ways You send a blessing when I least expect it
Like a parent whose eyes are always on his child
Who lets her wander off to explore all that life has to offer
Yet always around to catch her when she falls
So You're always there with me

When my mind is in turmoil
When my head is swimming
With thoughts of bitterness that eat away at this soul
Your Spirit moves in, sweeps those thoughts away
Breathes in new life and new hope

You move the mountains in my life
Those giants that no earthquake could shake
With just a sigh from You they crumble into smoke
Into dust, that's blown by the wind of Your spirit

You make me walk on water
When all seems impossible You just bring it to pass
I can't see it now but how can I doubt
When You've given it all on the Cross
On the Cross-
Your love never failing
Your power all consuming
Your faithfulness to the end of all time

How could I doubt
With all that You've done
and all that You are-
Sovereign Lord, let Your will be done in my life
From this day on...

[To be refined... for His glory.]

No comments:

Post a Comment