Thursday 10 January 2008

The best time to……

Admittedly (at this point in time), fishing is perhaps my favorite pastime even though there are seasons where I ‘neglected’ it. Since my secondary school days (don’t ask me how old am I), this is one hobby that I’m still having much thrill at. My mama probably doesn’t know her naughty son actually skipped school and went to his favorite playground to fish, perhaps the kampong boy in me wanted to stay in touch with nature and adventure then. Worse still- there are days where my mates and I tortured the fishes we caught. Even until now, with many years of fishing, I can’t predict the BEST time to fish- perhaps its more of knowing the surroundings, and understanding my customer (the fish) to then hopefully trick them into taking my bait.So when is the BEST time to face some of the challenges in life? I can’t provide an answer either. We do have seasons (good and bad times) in life. What I understand is God gave us this freedom to choose what we want to do, yes absolute freedom to choose (no questions asked, consequences will come though)- yes we are given a choice.
It’s tricky because on one hand the world (the society in general and the many temptations in life) will tell you to take the easy way out, choose the shortest way, use the least amount of energy etc. What would that make of us- you and I? That’s the path that takes us away from the One who created us. One way leads to knowing and understanding more of His plans for us, and the other leads to ….. (you know better!) We know God loves us, hence gave us a choice- freedom to live the way we want, but the snare will be living in opposite of His command for us! Which way would you choose?

I’ll leave you with the Word of the most mighty One:

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13 (New Living Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment